By Robert Lyons, Chief Media Mixologist, HOUSE
For small businesses looking to expand, there are a few important factors to account for before doing so.
It all comes down to the team you are working with and the processes that you have in place. More specifically, it comes down to the processes of effectiveness and efficiency.
In deciding on expansion, it’s essential to take a look at the workflow in your current work setting and determine whether or not that work could be replicated on a larger scale.
In order to determine this, there are some key questions that you need to ask yourself:
- Does work get backlogged in your current process?
- Does everyone know their specific role within each project that comes down the pipeline?
- How could adding extra team members affect this the process?
- If the company became busier with additional work and projects, would the process continue to flow unhindered?
- Where are some areas where you might be able to simplify and streamline the process as you continue to expand?
These are all important questions and indicators that showcase the various ways you can continuously evolve your workflow and optimize its processes. It’s all about accountability and making sure that everyone knows their roles, understands the processes and strives for excellence.
Expanding a business is just as scary as starting a business. But with a clearly defined process in place, work has the potential to flow effortlessly and efficiently as it grows along with the scope of your company.
At the end of the day, it’s all about amazing, inspiring and empowering your clients while placing the right tools and processes in place to allow your team to excel and surpass expectations!